Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer Corn Saute

Oh my heck. (Janai, put your hands over your ears) I've fallen off the wagon twice this week. Steak last night and filet mignon at Grand America for lunch today. What is wrong with me?

I AM A VEGETARIAN. Really.

Oh, all right, let's just go with it. So what goes better with steak than corn! The perfect summer duet.

This recipe really belongs to Martha but we won't tell her. The ideal side dish for your summer dinner and extremely easy. Who needs to fuss with all that boiling water and messy butter anyway.

Corn and Zucchini Saute

4 thin green or yellow zucchini squash, halved and then sliced thin
4 - 5 ears of yellow or white corn, raw, cut off the cob
3 Tbs olive oil
coarse salt and pepper to taste
Several large leaves of fresh basil
1 Tbs of white wine vinegar

Heat oil in large skillet, add squash and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Add corn, coarse salt and pepper and continue to saute for another 3 minutes or until corn is getting tender. Take off heat, add wine vinegar and torn basil leaves, then stir. Done. Simple. Easy. Corn. Yum.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I would be at that class with you in a heartbeat if I didn't have a ride scheduled tonight.

I'm loving my chickens. We have about 10. 4 are laying right now and the others are too young. My dad and brother built a coop in my parents back yard. It's been so fun having them....tell Fred it's an investment, the eggs are delicious!