Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Best Pistachio Ice Cream


Tonight we stopped at O'Falafel for a quick dinner before heading to Westminster University for a talk on Great Salt Lake migratory birds. I indulged in the most intense pistachio ice cream I've ever tasted. There were so many ground pistachios, the texture was more like crunchy peanut butter. There was a generous portion of pistachios sprinkled on top as well. I even detected a slight crunch that reminded me of those sprinkles on DQ cones. The girl at the counter offered somewhat of a trade secret; that a powder was used in the making. Fred offered an ingenius guess; possibly they used pistachio pudding mix? I will be working on re-creating this delight in my home ice cream machine. Oh My. I may sneak by for this treat on my way home from work and forget to tell Fred. (Hats off to O' for serving this delight in an ICE COLD porcelain dish.)

O' Falafel on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Your first post just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/54/763188/restaurant/Sugar-House/O-Falafel-Salt-Lake-City

I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:

- Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon

- Go to your blog page on our site: http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/54/7074/Salt-Lake-City/TheMorsel.html

- Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar

After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Greg

greg at urbanspoon dot coom

www.urbanspoon.com